Brasserie L’amour is a warm restaurant in the old town of Porvoo, Finland. The restaurant, located in a historic building, had to be planned and built from scratch. Viessmann Kylmäjärjestelmät delivered the restaurant cold rooms in a one easy and functional package.
In Brasserie L’amour, located on the edge of Porvoo’s old town, the staff is busy with preparations before opening for the day. There are fresh herbs on the counter and small candles twinkling on the tables. Restaurateur and Chef Kai Kallio is sitting happily at one of them.
– Simple food with warm and friendly service, that is our brief and to the point concept, Kallio says.
The tremendous building that is full of history used to be a bank, so the transformation to a restaurant had to be started from scratch.
– Viessmann was chosen as a partner already at the planning phase, as our aim was to find the best solutions for us, Kallio looks back.
Usability is the most important aspect
Kallio has planned several restaurants and kitchens so he knows what is required of a cold room.
– I always try to request quotations from three different suppliers and compare them. Viessmann’s offering and package that they could provide was the best, Kallio tells.
Viessmann was involved in the planning process and was responsible for the technical solutions. Delivery and installation of the cold rooms were taken care of rapidly, and we could start cooking right after the installation.
– Usability is the most important aspect of a cold room. The entrance, food storage, shelf space, ease of cleaning and hygiene aspects - Viessmann has been able to provide a well thought through solution to all these matters, compliments Kallio.
The rest of the staff is also very satisfied with Viessmann’s solutions.
– Things are very well when you don’t hear feedback. Then the Chef is happy, Kallio says and smiles.